Sterling Gent Trading Ltd (SGT) has the responsibility to its regulators for compliance regarding global anti-money laundering (AML) regulations and Know Your Client requirements (KYC). For this reason, traders are required to submit accurate and up-to-date proof of identity and source of funds.
The following documents must be submitted to SGT once an account application has been successfully submitted:
Individual & Joint Accounts
1. Proof of Identification:
SGT accepts valid passports, valid driver’s licences or other valid government issued photographic identification (showing photograph, personal details, signature, date and place of issue and serial number), and;
2. Proof of Residence:
A separate document such as a recent utility bill (gas, water, electricity, or fixed-line phone bill), or a bank statement which clearly states the applicant’s address. Both utility bills and bank statements must be dated within the last 3 months.
For all institutional accounts (see full list below), the following documents must be submitted to SGT:
1. a certified* copy of Certificate of Incorporation.
2. a certified copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association or Bye Laws
3. a Certificate of Incumbency listing the directors and officers of the Company
4. a certified list of all shareholders who own in excess of 10% of the shares of the Company
5: verification of the names and addresses of the directors, officers, shareholders and authorised signatories by provision of;
- a certified Proof of Identification from the account’s signatories: Valid passports are the preferred form of ID, and;
- a certified copy or original of a separate document such as a recent utility bill (gas, water, electricity, or fixed-line phone bill) or bank statement that verifies the individual signatory’s home address. Both utility bills and bank statements must be dated within the last 3 months.
*The certified documents must be certified by a professional person such as a lawyer, notary or accountant or official entity such as an embassy or government ministry.
SGT will not disclose and or share any of your information with third parties without your consent except in the event that we are required to do so by a regulatory authority under the applicable jurisdiction, by court and/or to enable us to provide you with our services. The latter includes but is not limited to members of the SGT group of companies, IT service providers, payment services providers, banks and liquidity providers. Where we disclose and/or share any of your information we will take all reasonable steps to do so in a secure manner.
**SGT does NOT accept clients from USA, Afghanistan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cuba, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyzstan, Lao PDR, Libya, North Korea, Russia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Vanuatu, Yemen or Uganda.**